society6

Sketch: Commitment

Friday, June 28, 2013


Story behind it: I did this sketch on a 5 hour plane ride back from Hawaii and I was listening to the song Better Dig Two by the Band Perry and this whole sketch and concept was inspired by the lines in the song 
"So if the ties that bind ever do come loose
Tie 'em in a knot like a hangman's noose"
and then I came up with this...The noose is around the ring finger because that's the one you put a ring on to get married....obviously lol...and the bigger noose represents the overall struggle of commitment. The song is actually about a girl who is over-committed, so that's why this sketch is only inspired by it, because I took the lines and turned it into a sketch that represents being scared of commitment. 
I drew the hand from looking at my own hand. People on the plane were giving me looks because I was sitting with my left hand up awkwardly positioned like how it is in the sketch and constantly looking at it for like 30 minutes...but it was worth it because i got this drawing produced!!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I am Maris, and i am here on this site to give thanks to Dr.Agbazara for the good work he did in getting my relationship back on track. Myself and my lover had some dispute which lead to our break up. But through the help of Dr.Agbazara i was able to get her back within 48 hours for this reason i will be dropping the contact information of Dr.Agbazara on this site for those that need his help to contact him on Whatsapp via ( +2348104102662 ) or email: ( agbazara@gmail.com )

GO TO TOP
illustrations and sketches by lily. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.