society6

Skull, Money, Flowers, & Crescent on Canvas

Tuesday, April 14, 2020







Skull, Money, Flowers, & Crescent

Micron pen ink on very small canvas. 

Some of the draft sketches are above. I originally thought I was going to paint this, but then I realized I hadn't done a black & white, organic/edgy drawing in a while, which is definitely my comfort zone. I tried erasing some of the pencil, specifically the triangle shape because I thought it was too large. But canvas is a bit unforgiving so the pencil ended up smudging and I had no choice but to carry on and make it work. I still have to fill in the moon shape, and figure out what should go in the background as this piece feels unfinished at the moment. 

No comments

GO TO TOP
illustrations and sketches by lily. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.